Emazole Control 20mg Gastro Tablets contains a medicine called esomeprazole. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’.
They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. This medicine is used in adults for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation). Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet (“foodpipe”) which may become inflamed and painful.
This may cause you symptoms such as a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
Adults aged 18 years and over:
– The recommended dose is one tablet a day.
– Do not take more than this recommended dose of one tablet (20 mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately.
– You may need to take the tablets for 2 or 3 days in a row before your reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation) get better.
– The treatment length is up to 14 days.
– When your reflux symptoms have completely gone, you should stop taking this medicine.
– If your reflux symptoms get worse or do not improve after taking this medicine for 14 days in a row, you should consult a doctor. If you have persistent or longstanding, frequently recurring symptoms even after treatment with this medicine, you should contact your doctor.
There are no reviews yet.